Reprocare is a digital-first abortion fund founded in 2019 that serves abortion seekers at home with access to information and comprehensive patient navigation around medicated abortion. Reprocare also seeks to serve other abortion funds, as well as abortion providers with tech-equity focused solutions built for us and by us to address common problems in the reproductive justice landscape.
Reprocare is in a significant period of growth and change. In the past year we brought on our first paid staff, and are looking to build a collaborative vision for future abortion funding with other funds. We are navigating a post-Dobbs landscape. Simultaneously, we constantly strive to live and embody our reproductive justice values and center our callers and communities most impacted by abortion care restrictions.
About The Role
The Director of Development is a key member of the executive team, responsible for developing, diversifying and implementing the strategic fundraising direction of the organization to increase financial support in line with the organization’s overall strategy and goals. The Director will manage and partner with a number of key stakeholders, including the Executive Director, any Development staff or volunteer fundraisers, other executives, and the Board of Directors to steward all the aspects of Reprocare’s development program.
The Director will be responsible for all fundraising campaigns, planned giving, individual and institutional support, and fundraising events. The position involves serving on Reprocare’s leadership team along with departmental administration, planning, budgeting support, forecasting, and evaluation of all fundraising strategies and campaigns. The Director will report to the Executive Director. The position also serves as a staff liaison to the Board of Directors.
The salary range for this position is $110,000 – $150,000.
New hires will typically have a starting salary somewhere in the lower 50% of the range, depending on experience.
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence, and/or have had an abortion are encouraged to apply.
- 10 years senior leadership in development and fundraising with at least five years of experience for organizations with budgets in excess of $2.5 million or at least three years at the senior and/or management level preferred.
- Ability to plan, launch and manage innovative fundraising plans and strategies, leveraging staff, board, and or volunteers to execute and achieve fundraising objectives.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills, with the ability to forecast and track revenue to support organizational stability.
Development Planning and Implementation
- Develop fundraising plans and growth strategies to meet the organization’s overall resource needs; in FY2024 Reprocare’s fundraising goal is $2,500,000.
- Execute fundraising efforts including foundation fundraising, major donor outreach and annual fund solicitation
- Collaborate with key departmental partners to broaden supporter engagement.
- Oversee and develop a strategy for fundraising from institutional funders, including expanding the portfolio of foundations outside of traditional reproductive health funders.
- Manage high-level foundation relationships
- Develop and execute a Major Gifts outreach strategy
- Manage a portfolio of major donors including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship throughout the year.
- Ensure the development of creative and effective appeals (direct mail, acquisition, and e-appeals), events, and stewardship of individual donors.
- Support the CEO and the Board of Directors with major donor outreach.
- Develop a strategy for the new fundraising events
- Work with the marketing team and/or planning for all the logistics of the organization’s fundraising events.
- Update and inform the Board of Directors on development plans and campaign results;
- Work closely with the Board’s Fund Development Committee to encourage outreach to potential donors.
Organizational Leadership and Departmental Oversight
- Serve on Reprocare’s strategic leadership team to drive the organizational strategy and ensure all fundraising efforts are in alignment with organizational goals.
- Supervise, inspire, mentor, and guide any development staff instilling in others a commitment to Reprocare’s mission, vision and values.
- Collaborate with program staff to identify new opportunities for fundraising
- Work closely with staff across divisions to understand priorities for program outcomes and activities, and develop and execute funding strategies to support them.
- Support and prepare program staff to meet with individual and institutional donors to discuss programs and activities.
- Champion transparent systems for staff across the organization to understand the status of program funding organizational strategies for financial sustainability.
- Create, monitor, and evaluate departmental plans, budgets, revenue projections, and supervise the generation of reports.
- Engage in other tasks as determined by the Executive Director
- We will work with team members to ensure adequate accommodation is provided to perform work effectively.
- Must be able to travel locally, domestically and/or internationally via car and/or aircraft.
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employer Paid Benefits
- We prioritize the health and wellness of our employees by covering health, dental, and vision insurance premiums.
Paid Time Off
- We provide up to 4 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick leave.
- In addition to paid time off, we allow employees to take generous holidays off at their discretion.
- We offer 3-4 months paid parental leave
- Flexible/Remote Work Arrangements: We are a fully remote work environment.
- Career Development Opportunities: We invest in your growth and development, providing opportunities for training, conferences, workshops, and continuous learning to enhance your skills and advance your career.
- We offer support with tech set-up on request.
- Gender-based violence paid and protected leave.
- Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses.
Want to apply? Great!
- Gather your resume, a letter of interest and references.
- Respond to this question:
- How do you envision incorporating principles of equity and justice into our organization’s fundraising practices, from budget allocation to partner engagement? Can you provide specific steps you would take to ensure that our fundraising practices align with our mission of promoting equitable access to reproductive and sexual rights?
- Include “Reprocare – Development Director” in the subject line.
- Send to Morgan Love at [email protected]