Reprocare is a digital-first abortion fund founded in 2019 that serves abortion seekers at home with access to information and comprehensive patient navigation around medicated abortion. Reprocare also seeks to serve other abortion funds, as well as abortion providers with tech-equity focused solutions built for us and by us to address common problems in the reproductive justice landscape.
Reprocare is in a significant period of growth and change. In the past year we brought on our first paid staff, and are looking to build a collaborative vision for future abortion funding with other funds. We are navigating a post-Dobbs landscape. Simultaneously, we constantly strive to live and embody our reproductive justice values and center our callers and communities most impacted by abortion care restrictions.
About The Role
The Finance Director will be a key member of the executive team, responsible for managing the financial health and sustainability of the organization. This role embodies responsibilities that align with those of an Executive Director concerning financial oversight, strategic planning and organizational leadership.
This position will oversee financial operations, provide strategic financial guidance, and ensure fiscal responsibility while aligning financial strategies with Reprocare’s mission and goals. The Finance Director will play a critical role in guiding Reprocare’s financial future, supporting its mission, and advancing its impact within the Reproductive Justice sector.
This role may be part-time or a full-time position (40 hours a week) with benefits.
A full-time salary for this role is $125,000 annually.
We are seeking folks with a demonstrated ability to provide financial leadership, strategic direction, and fiscal stewardship within a non-profit context and expertise in financial strategic planning and the ability to align financial resources with organizational goals.
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence, and/or have had an abortion are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field. Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field or comparable work experience. A Master’s degree or relevant financial certification (e.g., CPA, CFA, nonprofit management) is a plus.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressive financial leadership experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting principles (GAAP), regulations, and compliance.
- Proven success in financial planning and budgeting in a non-profit context.
- Familiarity with grant management and reporting for non-profit organizations.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and providing financial insights to guide their decision-making.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, including accounting software and Excel (e.g., Quickbooks).
- Experience with fiscal sponsorship management
- Demonstrated ability to provide financial leadership, strategic direction, and fiscal stewardship within a non-profit context.
- Expertise in financial strategic planning and the ability to align financial resources with organizational goals.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting to support data-driven decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to create, manage and project an organizational budget.
- Knowledge of non-profit financial regulations, compliance, and governance practices.
- Knowledge of fundraising and resource development to ensure financial sustainability.
- Strong leadership and management skills to lead a finance team and collaborate with other departments.
- Experience with Quickbooks accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address financial challenges and opportunities.
- Commitment to ethical financial practices and alignment with Reprocare’s values and mission.
- We will work with team members to ensure adequate accommodation is provided to perform work effectively.
- Must be able to travel locally, domestically and/or internationally via car and/or aircraft.
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employer Paid Benefits
- We prioritize the health and wellness of our employees by covering health, dental, and vision insurance premiums.
Paid Time Off
- We provide up to 4 weeks of PTO annually and unlimited sick leave.
- In addition to paid time off, we allow employees to take generous holidays off at their discretion.
- We offer 3-4 months paid parental leave
- Flexible/Remote Work Arrangements: We are a fully remote work environment.
- Career Development Opportunities: We invest in your growth and development, providing opportunities for training, conferences, workshops, and continuous learning to enhance your skills and advance your career.
- We offer support with tech set-up on request.
- Gender-based violence paid and protected leave.
- Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses.
Want to apply? Great!
- Gather your resume, a letter of interest and references.
- Respond to this question:
- How do you envision incorporating principles of equity and justice into our organization’s financial practices, from budget allocation to partner engagement? Can you provide specific steps you would take to ensure that our finances align with our mission of promoting equitable access to reproductive and sexual rights?
- Include “Reprocare- Finance Director” in the subject line.
- Send to Morgan Love at [email protected]